Monday, April 2, 2012

The Week That Changed The World

 
 This is the week we as Catholics unite ourselves to the sacrifice and suffering of Jesus. I have always taken special care in this week to prepare my heart and humble myself before our God. This year it is much more intense for me. In September, I was at the foot of the cross with Mother Mary watching my child suffer. It is agonizing, and although I did not know the outcome I trusted the will of God.


 As a mother's love is like no other, you can understand how I have gotten to this place of pain and sometimes disbelief . I was numb for a while, angry and sad all part of the process, I'm told. But I think my heart will be broken forever...that's just a fact.  Some days have been worse than others,and even though I cry myself to sleep some nights,this morning I read some of my letters from nights before,and found that to be healing. I have increased my prayer during Lent and received many graces and comfort.


This week I will unite myself to that cross again, and focus on the Love of Jesus. I encourage anyone who has not seen The Passion of Christ to watch it this week...prepare your heart for the sacrifice that was made for us. We understand better the Resurrection, when we walk the walk to Calvary.
It is because of the peace of God that our hearts are protected and consoled our faith is holding us together


No comments:

Post a Comment