Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mother's Day

This is a difficult week for me...to be perfectly honest. Every where you look there is some reminder of Mother's day. TV commercials, store flyers, restaurants and more. Each reminding us of the mother we love and to honor her this special day. For some this will be a day of pampering, jewelry made from macaroni, treats from experiments in the kitchen, or flowers and candy. All special, all from the heart.

This would have been my first Mother's day honoring Nicole as a mother and my first Mother's Day as "Nonna", Tina's first Godmother's day. It is heart breaking to not be able to share this day with her. 

I know she would have been beaming and we would have spoiled her! Since we can't spoil her from earth we will look to heaven and pray for beams of sun to warm our faces as she warmed our hearts. We will pray for her peace in heaven with her son.

I will cling to the beautiful memories Nicole, Tina and I shared over these last twenty six years. Each one precious, just like them.
 I have been so blessed, for me...it was mother's day everyday.
 I look at my daughters as my greatest gifts. I cherish the memories of everyday spent with them. 

God Bless all Mother's this weekend....this is God's great gift to you, never take for granted one second of their precious life. We have been given a privilege to have them at all.

1 comment: