Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Day

Yesterday of course was bitter sweet, at first Lou and I were going to stay alone. But we knew that would be the worst thing we could do. Some family members came to our house for our traditional Thanksgiving dinner. We went to the cemetery as a family and many tears were shed. We would give anything to have her here with us. We talked about her, we laughed about her, we cried about her. She was with us in spirit all day, as she is everyday...but as we all know.... nothing will ever be the same.
 After dinner I spent some time alone reflecting about the day, about life. Our blessings have been many. I have to be truthful that I hate Cystic Fibrosis, but I also love Cystic Fibrosis, what does that mean? The disease stole time from us with Nicole, but the disease taught us so much about life and what is really important. We didn't just learn this after her passing, this has been a life lesson that Nicole has portrayed to us everyday. Every moment, every breathe matters, not only for what we do for our selves but for what we do for others. This disease taught us more about life than we could have ever learned on our own. We never take anything for granted because we know that the day God gives us is the only day we have...tomorrows are not promised. I count my blessings for my life and the love of my husband and daughters, my family and friends,my faith and trust in God's plan for me, for us.
                                  
Remember to LOVE YOUR LIFE it is a gift.  Thank God for it.                                       

1 comment: