Monday, October 10, 2011

September 17, 2011

Dear Family & friends,
As you can see this e-mail could not wait until this evening...We arrived to see the OB ultra sound, which was very good.
Baby's heart beat is strong and good, no signs of distress. Almost tired of saying this baby is as strong as his mother....
We also saw the pulmonary team, the concern now is she NEEDS to get off the ventilator. The problem we are facing is the right lung (better of the 2) now shows signs of mucus building up and it is of premium importance to save that lung. They are going to shift her more on her right side to concentrate the medications. They are changing the sedation medications to try and lift her out of sedation to see if she could breath on her own. Apparently the way this works is she must be awake and breathing so they can pull the tubes. We are very concerned as it is an extremely delicate process to have all things working at the same time. Dialysis is on going daily, and we see the benefits of that, since kidneys are still not working. So I'm writing earlier in the hopes that if you are going to mass tonight or tomorrow the prayers will be even stronger.
The next few days are Critical...pray for her to breath on her own,so they can pull the tubes!

niki.jpgThis the angel you are praying for and her precious baby : )pray as hard as you can


 some responses to my e-mail :
Deb.,
My heart aches for what you are going thru. Our prayers have traveled as far as India.  I thought it would be helpful if I had a recent photo of Nicole to pass on with my daily update to those that are praying for her and the baby. I believe it helps to have a visual image of the one your praying for. If it's not too much trouble, please email me a picture of Nicole.
Your faith in the power of prayers is inspiring to all of my family & friends.If they have the image of her beautiful angelic face while praying perhaps it will resonate thru the heavens!!
Stay positive,
 
Debbie, I just want to let you know I am still thinking of you and your family and praying for Nicole and the Baby. I’m doing the best I can with my prayer, but still wish I were better at it. Nevertheless I won’t stop praying, I promise. If there is anything else I could ever do please let me know. My heart breaks for you, but I pray to God everyday for your strength. Always in my thoughts and prayers

My dear friend,  I cannot possibly fathom the pain you are going through as "the Mother" with Nicole.  Just know we are saying prayers not only for her but for you and Louis as well.  If there was something more we could do to help, we would in a heartbeat.  Keep strong, my precious friend.  You will get through this and so will Nicole and the baby.  And then, only then, we will see the smile return to all your faces.

I've e-mailed a lot of people who are very connected either to their church or are a member of a large prayer group.....everyone is praying
 
St. Joseph's just called me to say that her name will be on the alter at all the masses this Sunday and she will be added to the section in the Bulletin for prayers for the sick for the coming weeks.  They will mention her name at all the masses.  Be sure to know a candle will burn in front of Our Lady when I go to mass. I know she is going  to be OK.
 
I waited to write to you only because I don't know what to say. Being a mother, for that matter a loving parent (as I know Lou is going through the same thing) is the most rewarding and yet painful job we have.
 
Your strength coupled with your love for your family is where Nicole gets her strength to fight. She is truly a younger version of you.
 
God has seen the prayers for Nicole circle the planet as they have reached as far as Asia and back again. God is all around her and God is with you. One of my favorite reminders of how loved we are is Footprints in the Sand. It is a gentle reminder that we are never alone. And even though I can't be there by your side and even though my mother cannot walk to church and light candles to the Blessed Mother - I know this is all being done by Jesus and the Blessed Mother and that God is there listening to every prayer for Nicole, and for her family.
 How lucky we are to have so many of our loved ones in heaven - I can just picture them standing in front of God praying for the miracle. It is no accident that they chose to go before us - and it is no accident that we were born into such a loving family. Grandma Pucci is leading the pack and to them I am grateful.
 We will do anything for you - and yes, if we could we (I) would change places with Nicole as our lives have been fulfilled and her's has so much to left to see.
 I love you - always have. My heart aches and yet prays for a miracle every moment of every day. My family sets aside a special time each day to pray for all of you. May God answer our prayers swiftly.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment