Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wednesday




Yesterday was a I day I had not planned. It started out with deep sadness and I again didn't want to do anything. Father Tom called and suggested talking, it's hard to say no to your priest.We drove to a nearby lake, I felt God's presence there and the words came out of my mouth without thinking " isn't God great"
We both new that Nicole wanted that message to be delivered, that she was there in the warmth of the sun, in the gentle breeze, gliding on the ripple of the water. We talked about healing, about the gift of her life and a calm came over me. It didn't take long for me to feel her "Joy" in my heart, I was peaceful in a few minutes of her spirit. This is the effect she always had on me and I dare to presume those of you who knew her. Actually she has had that effect on those of you who have never met her and this is why I know, she was an Angel among us.
We returned to my house to my sister and dear friend. What they expected to see from  an early conversations was gone, and a peacefulness surrounded all of us. So much so, we didn't want to loose it and carried a picnic table and chairs to the sun and shared lunch basking in the warmth of Nicole's spirit.
God, I wish everyday could be like yesterday. If I could feel that I think I could be OK...but I know, rain must fall and tears must be shed, for a loss of this magnitude is felt to the center of the earth. Still today I remain grateful for the moments.This has been and will continue to be my walk in life, to cherish each moment, to love like tomorrow will never come, to feel deep into your soul, to open your mind and heart to the teachings of our amazing God. Lessons surround us everyday if we shut out the noise and listen. Take a few minutes to hear what your life's purpose is, stop rushing through life... it is meant to be savored. Enjoy the many gifts he has given us and be thankful above all things. God loves us and heals us, and I remain humbled and thankful for that gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment