Monday, October 10, 2011

September 20, 2011 PM

Dearest Family and Friends,
Today was somber, my poor son in law had to deal with this tragic loss without his soul mate, Nicole. Being the solider who serves and protects this country with honor, served today his love for his son and protection of his wife. He was able to privately hold Robert Louis in his arms, cradle him with a beautiful prayer shawl given to him by the church, a cap knit by an angelic nurse.
He spent time talking to him, and I suspect telling him about his awesome mother. We all prayed to him and thanked him for the sacrifice he made for his mothers life.It was nothing short of a heroic act of sacrifice, much like his parents.
This was no surprise to me as his Nona, he came for two incredible people who would lay down their lives for each other.
I was strong for Robert today and tried to remain calm, until they handed me the tiny footprints of my grandson. Then it was real for me, as Nicole's mother I was praying for her healing at all times but it never occurred to me how my heart would sink at the loss of this little angel who I could have an influenced in my life. I now have a new angel to pray to and will turn to him with my prayers for his mother and father.
The baby will be cremated and held in loving care of the McHoul funeral home until Nicole decides how and when she will bury him. A very long and emotional day....again...and through out the day Nicole was sedated, trying to inwardly fight but I would not be surprised if she knew her son was sitting in Jesus lap. Almost shut down emotion today, when we called her name there was little or no response, perhaps her own mothers intuition I don't know...just a feeling.
Since the body no longer has to choose who to help Nicole's vital signs are improving every hour. The goal is to get her off the ventilation in the next few days. All her numbers have improved and we are more than grateful. It is bitter sweet the reason for her improvement, but we trust in God's plan and that is what you need to do also.
Tomorrow is another day, and if she is awake and strong enough he may tell her of their loss.
Continue to pray for her healing and thank God for the gifts he has giving her.
With My Love, Debbie

Some of the responses to my e-mails: 

Deb, I'm crying with you.  The pain Robert, you and your family has had to endure is devastating.
My heart is so full of sorrow for the loss of this precious angel baby, your first grandson.
God needed this special angel in heaven but he took him from us. Nicole and
Robert will feel this tremendous loss.  I looked at all of Nicole's photos on FB one hundred
times.  I was willing her to be back with us through the light in her eyes in all of her photos.
She is so special. 
I don't know how Robert is going to tell her about this.  I just want her to be healthy
and strong, but telling her is a whole different sorrow that she will have to face.
 
Nicole is blessed to have you in her life.  I know, now, the love a 
mother has for her child and this knowledge, while it breaks my heart 
in two for Nicole and her loss, also helps me to admire even more the 
relationship you have with her and with Tina.  We are all blessed to 
have this kind of love in our lives.
If there's anything we can do - there's nothing we won't do to help 
 
May our Lord and Savior continue to be constantly with you all, lifting the tears and pain, wrapping His arms around you for comfort and lighten your hearts. We are so sorrowful for your loss.  We have a sweet little angel resting in Heaven without any pain, he meet all those whom we have loved and lived with here on earth.  His great grandpa and great grandma's great aunts and uncles all surrounding him with love and welcoming him with open arms.  Such bitter sweetness all in God's Plan not ours.

"Today I face the lion on the pathway of my life. I will find an angel in armor, a victory in God."
You are all facing this lion with Nicole and you are all angels in armor for each other and for nicole. Keep fighting and don't lose hope.
Sleep as well as you can tonight knowing that our good Lord is watching over all of you and keeping you safe.

My dear friend,  We are heartbroken and bound at the same time by the news that Nicole is showing some signs of improvement.  We continue to pray that she will come back to us stronger than ever.  I know all the love that surrounds her will get her through this most awful of times.
Thank you for your phone call last night.  It has given me so much peace to hear your voice and know that you are hearing my prayers and feeling my love.
I look forward to the day we can see her in person, when she will be able to smile again.

I am at such a loss for words but they come to you to share to us who wait for news daily.  Your family is such a special one.  My love and prayers are with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment