Monday, October 10, 2011

September 27, 2011 PM

Dearest Loved Ones,
What would it take tonight to convince you that God is real, God hears our prayers, God is all love? We are all witness to the love that is surrounding us...the prayer chain we have around the world,we are all witness to our faith on many levels. But after today, I believe we are truly witnessing a miricale.
Nicole got through the surgery without any complications even though she was in a frail state. Her surgeon (#1 Thoracic surgeon at westchester)  was happy with her outcome. To clarify what was done today, she had the tubes removed from her mouth and the trac placed in her throat...but she is Still hooked up to the ventilator. It is more efficient to clear her airways with suction, and a larger tube for breathing, much better for her over time. The goal is to slowly wean her off the vent...no time frame, could be weeks could be months.
But the things I need to tell you I have not shared yet....we have had all of her doctors ( she has the entire hospital upside down) tell us that on at least 4 occasions they believed they lost her. All the doctors on her case are the best of the best...even though it is a teaching hospital they won't let anyone touch her. One of the surgeons said to us  today " you only see a case like this 1 or 2 times in your life" he is a veteran of over 25 years. We did not want to frighten anyone with the thin line we were and are still are walking. Make no mistake she has a long recovery, but tonight she defied hope beyond hope, because of God's intervention through our prayers. We are so happy to see her beautiful face, we are so happy that the doctor's are hopeful, but we still have kidney failure, lungs filling with mucus,no motor skills and we are 4 days with no response. Tomorrow we are needing to wake her up, the dr's want us to try and communicate as often as we can and tell her to live...to fight ..she needs to be coaxed out of this coma state she is in. I beleive we can do it with all of your prayers. Nicole is special, no doubt, but no more special than anyone else who has a child who is sick, a loved one who is suffering. They all deserve God's healing grace. I just know that as I started this e-mail just to ask for prayers...it turned into a mission to get people to pray and find their faith. It was never meant to do that by my postings, but the Holy Spirit took over and God's message was revealed. Remain FAITHFUL, HOPEFUL, GRATEFUL.
I will never be able to thank all of you enough for the gifts you are bringing to all of us, and most importantly Nicole. But I will tell you that every night your names are said we thank almighty God for your presence in our lives. Let each day bring you closer to our Lord and more faithful to his ways,
Our love in him,
Debbie, Louis Tina, Nicole Robert and our angel Robert Louis.
a day will come when I will share  the return e-mails I have received so you can be forever hopeful, God Bless You Always

No comments:

Post a Comment