Although we can deny it, our minds and bodies are feeling like we have been through a war...I can't begin to imagine how Nicole is feeling. She had a terrible day today and so did we. All our prayers and efforts were in getting the ventilator out. It is not an easy task apparently. The best way to describe it is like driving a standard car...the clutch and the gas have to be in exact sink or the car stalls. Much is the same with the vent...she has to be alert (off sedation) and the vent is removed with her assistance coughing and remaining calm. Could you even imagine what is going on her mind? Today she found out she has been the hospital for 15 days, that alone sent her into rapid breathing and elevated blood pressure. Then she found out she had a major surgery to remove her left lobe of her lung...as if thats not enough, she did not want to hear anymore. I suspect as her mother her instincts tell her of her greatest loss, but she did not want to hear it today. She just wants that tube out! Unfortunately because she becomes anxious and BP is increased without sedation, she is in pain and they will not remove it yet. It may be a possibility on Saturday when they feel she is more alert. Kidneys still not working although there was a very small amount showing today,so we all remain hopeful. We as a family are exhausted, knowing you are in the wings supporting us brings tremendous comfort. And we have a long way to go....to get my strength today I sat in the Chapel with Jesus trusting the plan and surrendering it to him. I will continue to leave it in his hands and pray for the miracle we are all praying for, Nicole's recovery.
We continue to Thank God everyday for the circle of family and friends he has surrounded us with love, prayers and support.
We know you are with us and our prayers are being answered...DO NOT LOOSE FAITH...instead embrace it. Prayer in numbers are heard in heaven. God Bless you and watch over you,
Deb, Lou, Tina, Robert, Nicole & Robert Louis in heaven
Some responses to my e-mails:
I will pray even harder for Nicole today. If there is ever anything more that I could do please let me know. You have such a great support system from friends and the church. I think that is so awesome and I’m sure it must be a big comfort to all of you. Please know that I am thinking of you and your family and praying as much as I can. Today I will pray even more. I will pray that today is better and that Nicole gets that spark back in her eyes. I will pray that God gives her the strength and will to fight. I will pray that each minute, each hour and each day is a little better than last.
Everything I do today... I will do a little harder and with a little more effort as a symbol of how much stregnth I am sending you to share with Nicole. I am pushing my clients and students to give their all today, too...we are all connected.
let nothing startle you.
All things pass;
God does not change.
Patience obtains all it seeks.
Whoever has God
lacks nothing:
God alone is enough
No comments:
Post a Comment