Monday, October 10, 2011

September 26, 2011

Dear Angels,
 I call you our angels because we believe you are. You are all putting aside your own needs to pray for our precious Nicole.
I know this because of the countless e-mails I receive daily in response to my updates. It is very humbling and confirms to me that we are all on this healing and spiritual journey together. For some of us it is a spiritual journey of renewal, for some it is a faith reborn, for some a new walk of faith. Which ever it is for you, it is through God's grace that we share the journey. Each of us a unique link in a chain that is circling the world. The gift of prayer coming together with family and friends and those connected to us. Candles are burning, rosaries, novenas, prayer groups, masses, families lifting us up in prayer. One friend tells another and another and so on. Can you or I even imagine the thousands of people she has touched? I believe we are witness to something in our life time that defies all comprehension. She has brought us to our knees, she has taught us so much. It is beyond anything we have ever experienced before. Let us continue to pray for her tomorrow at 9am when she undergoes another small surgery. They will be removing the vent tube and replacing it with the tracheotomy. They can not wait anymore... this is the third day that we had no response from her. I wonder if she even knew we were there. It breaks my heart to see her so lifeless, when she loves life so much. We need to get her back to that place. All I could think about today was what she missed Three Sunday masses at West point, apple picking, garlic festival Friday night pizza, it may seem trivial, but as I told the kidney tech who when I thanked him today said" Yes, she has been a challenge, I missed pancakes with my daughter this morning" gently I reminded him "Tom, be thankful you can have pancakes with your daughter, my daughter has missed 19 days with her family" I saw her nurses eyes fill with tears  and she told me when she went home she kissed her kids and started to cry. We all know what that feels like...so instead of more info about the set backs we had today, which were again numerous, I'm focusing on tomorrow and a possible change in her status. I'm begging all of you to let this be your Ah ha moment, that life needs to change. We need to be more compassionate, more faithful, more caring and loving to one another...we need to follow God's will to Love others as you love yourself. Her message is clear, it comes from above. what we do here on earth will be rewarded in heaven. Please keep your faith alive and growing...she is a gift to all of us.
Remember with God all things are possible. 

God Bless you and those you love,
Debbie, Lou, Tina, Robert, Nicole & angel Robert Louis



No comments:

Post a Comment