Today was another one of those days were you really have to make an effort to move.We were running out of some things and Lou suggested we go to the food store.Normally any of you who know me...this is more exciting to me than clothes shopping. But today it was a huge effort. I agreed to go only if we went to a store that was not in our neighborhood, as to not run into anyone. I know I cant keep that up, but for today as all of you have said "baby steps" of course it was a big step for me. While we were shopping Lou went into one isle and I stopped for something else and all of a sudden on the radio came Stevie Wonders "isn't she lovely" my song to Nicole for the last 27 years of her life.And in a flash I was reduced to a sobbing baby. She was right there with me. It was an ache and a comfort at the same time.
"Isn't She Lovely"
Isn't she lovely
Isn't she wonderful
Isn't she precious
Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she
But isn't she lovely made from love
Isn't she pretty
Truly the angel's best
Boy, I'm so happy
We have been heaven blessed
I can't believe what God has done
Through us he's given life to one
But isn't she lovely made from love
Follow the link on you tube to hear the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVvkjuEAwgU
Dearest Debbie,
ReplyDeleteAlthough I know it was difficult, It's good that you got out of the house for a little while. I believe that hearing this song was meant to be….God's speaking to you!!! Every tear you shed is a step back to comfort and love. And you know Nicole wants nothing but happiness and peace for all of you…..the same as she has found in heaven. Your family's love was her journey that brought her home to God's arms. I love you all dearly…..always here ♥
Thanks Georgie,
ReplyDeleteI'm trying and hearing your words are very comforting,I knew today when I heard that song she was right there...peace will take time but I am patient. Thanks for the love sent, I can never have enough of that
My Dearest Deb.... communication in a different form...I believe your ears are now uncovered!!!!My love to you! ...Debra
ReplyDeleteDebbie, thank you so much for starting this blog. Nicole was a huge inspiration to us in our CF community. Her and I shared several message over the last couple of years. I found myself checking for updates on her almost constantly during everything. I think of her so so many times during the day. I just wanted you to know that I wish their were words to express how deeply sorry I am. She was very very loved.
ReplyDeleteJessica (One of Nicoles friend with CF)
Jess,
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad Nicole was part of your life...she was a cf sister to you and I will keep you in my prayers that Nicole will lead us to a cure. Pray to her she will listen.
God Bless you and your life
Debbie